- Bookstores are declining which will cause a lack of distribution and a drop in non-bestseller types of books such as specialty and coffee table books.
- Traditional publishing houses will decline or be under intense pressure to sell just best sellers
- Books are exploding across many different platforms, from e-book, tablet, audio, smart phone, pdf, and interactive.
- Increasing growth of e-books and textbooks on tablets with interactivity, audio, video and animation
- E-books will be huge in the education market, Apple is putting in lot of resources into this with release of iBookAuthor and selling them on the iBook Store
- The definition of a book has changed from 300 pages to 30-50 pages to even less, from paper to electronic to media to interactive.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Publishing Trends for 2012
Book and Publishing Trends