- Youtube – YouTube has a huge amount of traffic and viewers and makes and excellent place to put up a book review video with links back to your web or blog site. You can do a series of videos on your book, interviews with the subject, small talks based on the content. It can go on forever.
- Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Google+, all accept images and text postings with links. Every time you make a post on your book blog or up a new video you also bring that content over to the social media platforms. You can do this with a link, or mention or with Google+ you can bring over the entire post.
- Just like with the popular social media site, they are most likely sites that are related just to your topic, maybe there are forums or other blogs and you can connect with them also. Search in Google for forums and blogs on your topic. Look under the More Tab on the Google search page or after you have done a search look on left
- Your own local newspaper, they are always looking for a local story, this material then makes for great press clippings, and links for promotion
- Check out Joan Stewart and PublicityHound.com she has excellent tips for promoting a book and for low cost easy to do public relations. http://www.publicityhound.com/
- Make sure you have an About page on your website and blog. The About page is one of the most viewed pages on a website and is a great place to showcase your book.
- Set up a Google Alerts on your book and book topics, respond accordingly. Watch your market and the trends. http://www.google.com/alerts
- Set up an email auto responder series using your email host with parts of the book, or a small course built from the book or other info that references subject from the book. These get sent out to readers who have signed up at your blog.
- ake your book and create a webinar or teleseminar for the audience that you have built from your blog.
This list can go on and on but it gives you a great place to start. Send us some of your best ideas for marketing your book and I will share them.