Michael Stewart, the internet audio guy put up a kind of cool video on How to Write a Book in 3 Hours with a Microphone. He walks you through the steps to quickly pull a book together.
- Basically the steps are make an outline of your book. You don't have to really write anything, just pull together a good outline.
- Record the book, based on the outline you wrote using whatever recording software you have in your computer. On a Mac you can use Garage Band, or download Audicity for Mac or PC or any number of recording programs. Do a little editing to clean it up.
- Get the book transcribed, or if you have DragonSpeak transcription software, just let it do it.
- Then layout it out in Word or a desktop publishing program like InDesign or Apple Pages, anything that can save a file in PDF,
- Upload the PDF to print-on-demand site CreateSpace, or the text file to Kindle Direct Publishing.
- And finally use the supplied templates or contact a local graphic designer to build a cover and there you go.